Wednesday League 2021
2021 Blue Mash
Wednesday Afternoon Single Player League
- The Wednesday Afternoon League is a Single Player league that play 9 holes.
- This league will be TEE TIMES starting after 3pm on Wednesdays.
- *Blue Mash does reserve the right to move your tee time back 20 minutes or less
- All male players will tee off from the Blue tees, Ladies will play from the Red tees, and players 65 and over may choose to play the Green tees.
- This will be a “Stableford” like (quota) scoring system. (scoring system explained below)
- $40 will be the weekly league fee. This will be $35 towards the green fees and $5 going to the prize pool. This must be paid in the shop each Wednesday night.
- However, this year, we’re offering a “full season pre-pay”. The amount for the pre-pay is $600. The advantage to this pre-pay is that it will give you a SET TEE TIME each week. Therefore, you will not need to call and make your time. *You will not have a set time for the playoffs, as the committee will decide those times. This pre-payment would be for 15 weeks of play and will need to be paid by April 20th.
- There is a league registration fee of $115 that must be paid by April 20th. This fee will pay for an end of season banquet, handicapping services through the Golf League Site, administration fees, etc.
- Prize money will be paid weekly (to the team with the most points). There will also be prize money given out for the playoffs.
- The league will be using an app called “Golf League Site” that will allow you to be able to record your scores via a smart phone. This will also provide “live scoring”. You must enter your scores this way, as they will be recorded electronically and sent to the committee of the league after each play night.
- All USGA rules will apply unless communicated prior to the weekly match
- *You may lift clean and place balls in the bunkers after raking footprints
The league will officially start on Wednesday, April 28th. There will be 15 regular season matches ending on or about August 18th with playoffs to follow. *We will have one “rain-out” date being on August 25th.
Playoffs will begin on September 1st to the Top 16 or Top 32 teams. Everyone will make the playoffs.
Please email Ben Sproles at email@example.com for any additional questions.
Point System Scoring
We will be using a quota/points format this year.
Quotas will be determined by averaging the points made in the most recent five rounds. Until everyone has five rounds, the quota will be determined by averaging the number of rounds available. For the first week, a quota will be assigned by using 80% of what you shoot that night.
Each player will accumulate points based on what he shoots on each hole.
The league committee will provide a cheat sheet for the carts for the first couple of league nights.
Points are awarded as follows:
Double Bogey 1
Double Eagle 12
Points are based on gross scores. Scorecard should show gross score for the hole (max triple bogey) and the points assigned. Here’s an example of a scorecard (not Blue Mash)
Each player will be assigned a quota, i.e. a target number of points he will attempt to make. As a result, he will either make his quota or be plus or minus the quota. The winners will be the players who score the best against their quota. Example:
Quota Points Made +/-
Player A 27 27 Even
Player B 22 25 +3
Player C 20 17 -3
In this example, player B is the winner having gotten three more points than required by his quota.
Quotas will be determined by averaging the points made in the most recent five rounds. Until everyone has five rounds, the quota will be determined by averaging the number of rounds available. For the first week, a quota will be assigned using current USGA handicap or we will take 80% of what you shot that evening.
Since no points are allocated for a triple bogey you can pick up after missing a double and just card the triple with 0 points. This will help speed play as well.
Lastly, on 4 of the weeks, there will be “MAJORS”. During that time points will be worth more than normal weeks. If you score a positive quota that week, your points will be multiplied by TWO. If you are even or negative that week, you will just incur those the even or negative points (no further damage done).
The weekly schedule tentatively looks like the following:
|2021 Blue Mash League Schedule|
|Wednesday – Single Player|
|Holiday||June 2nd||No League Play|
|Holiday||July 7th||No League Play|
|Make Up||August 25th||Possible Rain Date|
|Tentative Playoff Dates||*Top 32 Teams Make Playoffs|
|Top 32||Sept. 1st|
|Sweet 16||Sept. 8th|
|Elite 8||Sept. 15th|
|Final 4||Sept. 22nd|